Friday, January 27, 2006

Why don't ya sit a spell?

I go in for pre-surgery on the first. Until then the pain continues then its goodbye gallstones.

great so what about the spleen gettin' all huffy and puffy?

I have a crappy cd4 (helper cell) count. 16. Only 16. That number should be 61 or so.
For the Absolute (no its not how much vodka I have in me killing germs!) cd4 count is 274.
This number should be 1740. Too close to 200 for my taste.

When you dip below 200 you become a different class of victim. You will never again be treated as HIV positive you become another person with AIDS. I'm not comfortable with that transition at this point in my life. (I have dipped below 200 before but was able to get help from a clinic and there for keep that fact off my insurance. The clinic I used is now gone. Thanks George.)

So my immune system sucks and it enlarges my spleen to tell me to get help.
"what's that spleen?" "You say the immune system is low and I need help?" that's a good spleen.

I'm waiting on a referral to go thru for an Infectious Disease doctor. Who knows how long that will take.

As for the other thing. I need to come back and deal with that another day. Its not a priority.

But in the meantime her is a picture of PEN the super cat using his heat vision to locate Turkey in the house.

I'm not sure if its "Heat seeking turkeyvision" or "Turkey seeking heatvision" He wrote it down for me but I lost the paper. I don't want to ask him when he's on a supercat mission. He gets all hissy.

8 Comments:

Blogger EmmaPeel007 said...

Pen's eyes must be constantly emitting laser beams of heat in your presence since you are such a TURKEY (har-dee-har-har).

Can you tell I've once again sunk to the depths of bad humor to lighten an upsetting situation?

You know I'm sending you lots of mushy stuff. As the Glimmer Twins wrote, "Well we all need someone we can lean on, and if you wanna, well you can lean on me."

Lub U, Stinky. Lemme know when I'm signed up for soup patrol.

3:34 PM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

I'm thinking PEN and scary guy in your window should partner up and work on cop-calling lady :)

SO sorry to hear about the medical situation! My guess is ImmunoDoc will slap you on the wrist and put you back on meds. Which probably will get the cd4 count up and alleviate the spleen thing.

Hang in there!!

4:47 PM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aww, Pen is cute but lookin very fierce, he he!

Hang in there scotty!

5:58 PM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Thanks thanks thanks.

I'm going to enjoy my wine and goofball. And pass out for the eve listening to Amon Tobin.

Cheers all.

6:03 PM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger epicurist said...

Pen is kinda spooky in that picture.

12:47 PM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

yeah? In person his eyes are much brighter.

11:29 AM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is an awesome caption for that piccy, clever man.

Being in the health care system just plain sucks. I'm deeply sorry you have to have anything to do with them. I call it: "the insult to injury system" for obvious reasons.

12:05 PM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

yes but we depend on them and they steal our money.
Come on! i just had two trips to the doctor over two days just for paperwork that cost me 25.00 and i had to fill it out and figure out where to mail it because they didn't know. The charged me a 25.00 processing fee and i did all the f'in legwork. Thanks insurance! thanks a fuckin lot!

8:09 PM, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home