Sunday, February 05, 2006

Um... Are you alright?

While at work I was asked by my supervisor if Disability is an option. Apparently I can't work too well on pain medication. I've been put on disability until I recover from the yet to be scheduled surgery. Not good timing for this. I need to work and need to have a reliable income and this only complicates matters. I'll figure out something.

Today is the last day of the old apartment. I haven't been able to move the last thing (or so I thought the last thing), Boxes of records. I cant lift them so Greggory is helping me move (doing all the work) I was in the old garage at the apartment and in that garage are two refrigerators. I pushed on one and realized it was pretty easy to move. I pulled it away from the wall and discovered cardboard boxes of my Mums. I checked into them and all of them were old issues of National Geographic and things of that nature. A box of her clothes and to my surprise a box of Christmas stuff. I took the box of Christmas stuff without looking into it. Its doing just that which bugs me. Moving crap for craps sake. I didn't even know that box was there and wouldn't have missed it. But what if... What if it has something inside that holds a dear memory to someone in the family. A memory forgotten but jogged by the sight of the thing inside these box. This unopened box. It could very well be filled with yarn and mislabeled. Who knows?
I'm going back to get the records and say good by to the folks there. They are a good bunch of neighbors. I'm losing neighbors but gaining friends.

8 Comments:

Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Sounds like a turbulent time!

Thoughts and prayers...

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen

And I Quote Blog

2:09 PM, February 05, 2006  
Blogger Troy said...

If I knew you better, I would of helped you move, but you are only digital to me now. I need to take the time to view your archieves to see if you really exist? Don't get a hernia moving. LOL

10:02 PM, February 05, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Poor baby! I wish I could help. I'd be on it.

Don't look too far down the road. One step at a time's enough at times.

xoxox

11:43 AM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

thats the only way i can deal with things

11:48 AM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

love atcha...

12:35 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

:)

1:05 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

you'll just have to open it.

5:37 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Blogzie said...

Moving and surgery.

Not the best combination.

I think you are my new hero.

Did someone say pain medication?

x0x0x

10:19 PM, February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home