Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hand in the pocket


Ladies and gentlemen I'm tired of talking about pain because ... It bores me. I'm tired of talking about the crappy insurance plan I have. I will stop.


After this one last rant.

So here's what has been happening over the past 2 days.
Yesterday I was asked to come down to my doctors office to pick up State disability forms. I was informed that the Doctor charges a $25.00 fee to process the paperwork. Sure fine whatever just get it going so I can have some sort of income.

I get there cash in hand and they give me three pages of forms. The also told me to pay when I return them filled out.
Great fine. Now driving is a pain for me. Either I am in pain or I'm doped up and either way I shouldn't be driving but ... I have to do it.
So I go home and fill these things out in 2 minutes. I decided to wait until the morning to bring them back. I knew the Doctor would be in and if I had any questions I could probibly ask her. (mind you she is in 3 days a week so you better not be sick on her off days and you better book your illness a month in advance!)

This morning I return with same cash in hand and the forms all filled out with my best 3rd grade printing. LARGE BLOCK LETTERS.
First They take my money and tell me to sit down.
10minutes later they call me back.

" what's you last name???
"Its XXX" "and this is you right?" "yes?? Why??"
" Well she says you don't look like the guy who came in a few weeks ago she thought you might be Mr. XXX friend doin this paperwork for him"

WHAT TH' FUCK????
slow burn starting. "I lost weight. I'm sick.That why I'm here to get disability?" "oh ok ok just checking. Have a seat I'll have your change shortly"

15minute later
"Mr. XXX?"
I get to the window and am handed (now mind you I was expecting $5.00 back)
4 dollars in quarters and a 1 dollar bill. (whatever... It just pissed me off more) "Sir have a seat and I'll get this done while you wait so you don't have to come back again"
"OK."
20minute later.

"MR xxx"
I grumble to the window as I am having a stabbing pain attack.

"here you go"
She hands me the forms back with a few additions and a doctors signature.
"that's it?"
"oh no you have to mail those in. I have a copy in the file now"

"where do I mail it? Got an address?"

"Hey (some name) you got an envelope for Mr. XXX" voice from the back room "Nooooo. We out he'll have to call information to get the address"

"You'll have to call information"

"thank you."
"tHANK yoooU"

25.00 fucking dollars for that???? What the fuck? I could have done all that a week ago and just came down there and had the doctor sign it. WHAT PROCESSING. I"M DOING ALL THE WORK!!!!!!

I hate them. I hate them all at that office. My next visit with them is on the 16th when they charge me $15.00 to put lab request slips in my hand and send me down the hall to the lab. That's not worth a copay! They are not doing anything!
Its extortion because they know you need the work and they are robbing you. One silly payment after another.

Boy those Canadians don't know how good they have it!

11 Comments:

Blogger sttropezbutler said...

COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE.

Sorry this is happening.

STB

5:23 AM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Troy said...

Kill your car and take the metro instead. Just kick back and ride the redline,greenline,blueline,orangelnie,goldline. Just don't cross the yellowline

10:16 AM, February 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only consolation is that people who work in Doctors' offices are subjected to lots coughing, sniffling, sneezing people.

10:45 AM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

yes I have thought of that J.B. It must be awful to work in a place and the clients are big sick babies. I do feel that you need compassion to work in a field like that.
I don't feel this staff has that. I get the feeling its a job and thats it. Hmm..
Not like it should be anything more than a job. The job should be to correctly convey information. Not keep people in the dark simply because they deem the information useless. I fould out that the could have given me my lab results from the last test in a week but instead they insisted that it was the doctors protocal to wait two weeks to give test results. If that was the case it would have saved me another trip to the hospital and a co-pay that i cant afford. They are rude and uncaring at this place. I'm going to switch doctors the fist chance i get. I know I'm demanding when it comes to them. This is why they are there. For me. They are providing me a service. I am not just another asshole that keeps them from their lunch. I'm a patient who is in need of help. (oh dear god maybe i need therapy)

11:49 AM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Bill,
I have in the past gone years without touching the wheel of a car.
I moved and am in a place that does not have a metro station. I was 1 block away from the universal station and that was real handy. I'd take the train to highland and walk down to Santa Monica where I worked at the time. Hmm come to think of it ... how the hell do i get outta here and to work if the car ever craps out???
Bill thank you. I now must investigate public transit in my Hood.

11:53 AM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger WAT said...

Canadians have it so good huh? Then why did Jim Carrey, Celine Dion, Dan Akroyd, Michael J. Fox, Pam Anderson, and countless others flee to come here?? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

12:58 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Americans need to look at funny people on tv.

Those canadians sure are funny to look at! he he he heeeeee!

1:09 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger EmmaPeel007 said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah....

So when is Pen gonna update his blog? He's slacking...

4:25 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

I dont know. I think hes been busy working on a secret project.

8:04 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

lauren,

I thought the insurance thing was bad a in 1998 its only gotten worse since then. By the way very impressed with your use of the word fuck. It was a noun,adj. and verb all in one sentance.

9:56 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a day you had!

8:42 PM, February 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home