Monday, October 17, 2005

GAG ORDER

Last Friday I rushed out of work to go to the APPLE store to make the big purchase, a powerbook.
Kiddies I have never owned a computer in my life. What I know about them is what I have been taught at work. I know nothing about them. 4 days after I made the trip to make that purchase I still no nothing about them. I still don’t have a computer .
Friday. I went but the store was too crowded and it was too much of a hassle to buy the powerbook. Oh wait let me add that this is a big BIG thing for me.
1. I have never had the money to buy one until now.
2. (or “B” if you are using an alpha system) I intend to use it to mix music and practice writing.
That is a big commitment for me. It is like I am to choose the object thru which I will express my life. This purchase is important and very emotional.

So I get there Friday and get freaked out by the crowd so I leave. Saturday I wake up early and start cleaning the house. I was cleaning because its a mess and I wanted the computer to have a clean home for however long I am living there. I am just about to leave when I get a call from a “friend” who is too high to go to work. I picked him up wandering up La brea Ave and took back to my place so he could sleep It off. Still no powerbook.
Sunday I worked and it ended up being a longer day than I anticipated. I drove like a bat outta hell to get to the Grove mall by 7pm to buy the powerbook. I get there 6:55 and find out they do not have them in stock. “WELL WHAT DO YOU HAVE!” (insert Applestore product here) “FINE I”LL TAKE THAT!” ... The apple people disappear into the back room and come back empty handed. “WE ARE OUT OF THEM TOO” “WELL WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE? ANY THING?” I have tried to get this thing for 3 days and have been denied.
DENIED the right to express myself ! I CANT WAIT!. I wanted to cry. I know two people who work there and they were the ones saying no. I gave them a ride home and one of them says to me something like “why don’t you take the money you are going to spend on this and get a maid.” Maybe one of those little naked ones you find in the back of Frontiers magazine.”
Not only do you deny me my right to express myself efficiently you insult me!

“Your home…. GET OUT.”

7 Comments:

Blogger Gavin Elster said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:26 AM, October 17, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Thank you. I will take a breather. Online is a wonderful suggestion. I just need to order it at work when no one is looking (BTW thats how I blog. That is why the entries seem rushed.

11:34 AM, October 17, 2005  
Blogger EmmaPeel007 said...

Apple is the DEBIL (**spoken like Kathy Bates in The Waterboy**)!

Step away from The Grove. If you see someting you want at Office Depot, let me know cause I can get a discount there.

11:37 AM, October 17, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

yes I would like to own an apple powerbook with a 17" screen.

11:59 AM, October 17, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

wow. I just reread my post.
ya know I sound like a big baby. Its amazing how fast my mood changes.

12:07 PM, October 17, 2005  
Blogger EmmaPeel007 said...

Wait a minute - "friend" too high on La Brea so you're bailing them out? I thought you didn't talk to Lisa anymore... YEOUCH! :D

12:27 PM, October 17, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

nice. I dont know what to say to that.

12:41 PM, October 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home