Monday, November 21, 2005

HOLLWOOD BLVD


If you grew up in Hollywood you know that the Blvd is shady. I dont mean lots of trees. Since its "beautification" back in the 80's there has been little change in the people on the street. The tourists still have a look of disbelief. The grifters still have shifty eyes and plaque-filled smiles. The chamber of commerce has only upgraded the facades of several dumpy buildings and left the street crime take care of itself. If someone smiles you better believe they want your money. Its a depressing place. The street performers are little more than people in costume. The don’t perform. This damn stinky bum clown tied balloon "animals". The child with him I can only guess was snatched from an inattentive family who looked at a refurbished store front too long. Lured away with a ballon puppy and the smell of scotch. He only smiled when kids of his age passed by.
Parents keep you kids in sight at all times or your baby might end up like this.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gavin Elster said...

I wish I could have experienced that. I have never known it to be safe.

8:53 AM, November 22, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Sadly my hollywood hang outs when I was avoiding the world or trying to get swallowed by it were the old Ihop on Sunset. The Seven Seas dance club wich is now the Jimmy Kimmel studio, and, Love's. I missed the "Gold Cup" experience.

1:17 PM, November 22, 2005  
Blogger EmmaPeel007 said...

Wow, Love's. Can't remember the last time I thought of that place (**as she hopes one day they will re-open a Farrell's nearby**).

1:55 PM, November 22, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

where was this place located? what is there now? Ya know its odd that no one has done a history of gay landmarks. There are so many clubs and transitional spaces that define this culture but there are very few establishments that endure thru time.
Here is a sick fact. The cafateria that my mum used to take me to is now HOLLYWOOD SPA. A bathhouse. The business concept is still the same.

12:17 PM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

ew.

2:16 PM, November 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home