Friday, November 18, 2005

its up to you...

Happy Friday.
I have nothing else to say but happy Friday.
I’m still sick from that damn flu shot.
I’m hoping it goes away before I head off to New York at the end of the month.
I’ll have a few days there and it is my first trip by myself outside my comfort bubble.
It’s a big step for me.
Its my first time in New York so if any body knows of anything I NEED to do or see there please let me know.

My must see/do list is fairly small and not too serious.

I want to see someone shoot up in the park.
I want to see a cop ignore or commit a crime (and I have to leave L.A. for that?)
I want to go to the museum.
I want to ice skate in that rink you see on t.v. (wherever that is)
I want to see a New Yorker be rude to another New Yorker.
I figure…
aim low and I wont be disappointed.

5 Comments:

Blogger I. P. Frehley said...

Jeckyll & Hyde pub in the Village.

3:13 PM, November 18, 2005  
Blogger EmmaPeel007 said...

It's gonna be so amazing. Take lots of pictures of the storefronts - everyone will have decorated for the holidays! I'm such a sucker for holiday decorations...

Um, are you gonna buy some food from some guy off the street?

Are you gonna buy some crap from someone off a blanket on the sidewalk?

Are you gonna go hang out with Pamela Pearl and Nicky Marotta? I heard Johnny LaGuardia has been playing The Sleeze Girls a lot lately...

4:42 PM, November 18, 2005  
Blogger RadioFreeCatlandia said...

I just watched the 1968 Planet of the Apes...make sure the Statue of Liberty is still there.

4:59 PM, November 18, 2005  
Blogger Jim said...

Eat at Enoteca on Ave A, try the fried zucchini blossoms.

Have cocktails at XL in Chelsea (17th st, I think), say Hi to the scary beautiful Italian bartender.

Go to the Guggenheim Museum (E 80's) then walk to Central Park from there.

Walk, anywhere, and soak in the density of the season.

You can catch NYers being their rudest any weekday at 5pm on any subway, particularly if its headed toward Queens or Brooklyn :)

11:43 AM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

thanks for the tips Jim. I'll be doin the Guggenheim so I'l be sure to walk the park. I appreciate your post.

4:05 PM, November 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home