Thursday, November 10, 2005

FEAST OR FAMINE


Years ago I was a big fan of the film “The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai : Across the 8th Dimension” It was released in 1984 by 20th century fox. I was such a fan of this film (still am) that I joined the fan club. Back then the fan club was run by a young woman named Denise Tathwell. Denise was great at generating and maintaining buzz about a film. Truly it was her efforts that made me a true fan of the film. Some time later Denise married Michael Okuda who worked on the Star Trek series. Michael and Denise are a great team. They have written text commentary for several dvds and have published books about Star Trek.

Denise Tathwell- Okuda. Sci-fi wiz and all around charming person just gave me my flu shot.

Its pretty neat to see what “production folk” do to make a living during the lean times.

7 Comments:

Blogger I. P. Frehley said...

That flu shot won't buy you an extra minute against the super-duper hyper-mutated new-and-improved bird flu!!! Kneel, & swear your eternal loyalty to our feathered overlords, before they smite you with highly-contagious birdshit.

p.s.
Was Buckaroo Banzai the futuristic morality play where Peter Weller plays a renegade trying to save a world he never made?

2:19 PM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger EmmaPeel007 said...

Yes, but was John Bigboote there as well? And did Penny Priddy hold your hand while you got your shot?

You know, no matter where you go - there you are...

2:58 PM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

V.G.-That damn shot! I started to feel sick (i kid you not) 10 minutes after that damn thing. I take back everything I said about Denise. She will be now known as the woman who pricked me and made me sick.

4:44 PM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Ms. Peel. your ability to recall the 80's always astounds me.(for those of you who dont remember the 80's it was that span of time after the seventies you spent sobering up.)

4:47 PM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger Jim said...

Wow, you found a movie I havent seen!

Funny (strange, not haha) about Denise but a buck is buck no matter what the source.

2:47 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

i agree. SO WHAT if it involves a car battery a sponge and a few alligator clips... its still a living.

5:36 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger RadioFreeCatlandia said...

Did you say "Peggy"?

9:34 AM, November 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home