Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Girrrl you are not going to town in those shoes... You look like a dimestore whore!

My god...
I never put it together until tonight.

Judy Garland Died Sunday June 22nd 1969. So what big deal ...Right?
Her funeral service was on Friday 27 June 1969.

Ring a bell for anyone?

Friday 27 June 1969??? Anyone?

It was the start of the gay rights movement. The Stonewall riot. I guess she does have to work into the fabric of the lifestyle after all.
She may not have been the spoon that stirred the pot but...
she definitely was an ingredient in the soup that night.

4 Comments:

Blogger mary bishop said...

Now that's a fact I never knew and will pass on to my Judy Garland lover friends...(is there anyone who doesn't love her?)

Today I posted Dog up Dog Butt just for you...

I've spent all morning futzing around with my camera and my cartoon effects but now I must must must! do something of importance.

Like pour myself another cup of coffee.

9:08 AM, October 12, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I never knew that!

2:14 PM, October 12, 2006  
Blogger WAT said...

Not to boast, but I had already heard of this ironic fact.

Judy Garland was a tragic tormented soul while alive, and I think that's why so many gay men loved her: they could identify with her emotions. That, and plus the fact she married two gay men! LOL!

And of course, the voice. THAT VOICE.

3:33 PM, October 12, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

WAT ... you crack me up. You like an ambassador for gays. A conduit of information for straight guys and uneducated gay guys like me.

4:55 PM, October 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home