Saturday, February 25, 2006

Its over!

So.. Picture this. I just get out of the recovery room and I get a phone call. It's my sister-in-law. How sweet she called to see if everything went o.k.
I was still a little loopy when I took the call.I was weak and unable to even prop myself up in the chair they put me in. My sister-in-law says "So I see they convinced you that surgery was the best way to go. Yeah, um, its unfortunate that they couldn't do a holistic approach."

Look bitch I just got out of surgery and the first thing out of your mouth is "You idiot you've been duped. "THEY CONVINCED YOU THAT..." What the hell is that crap!
First off there is no holistic approach to reduce the internal scaring that had occurred from previous stones passing thru my bile duct from my gallbladder. Second what is the purpose of this call? To show me how smart you are by talking out of your ass?
She put me in a foul mood.
Aside from her call everything couldn't have gone any better.

With all the bullcrap I have put up with during this ordeal this procedure was by far the most pleasant aspect. Everyone, and I mean everyone at the medical center was kind and professional and really went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. I couldnt be more pleased. The surgery went very well. As I said there was some scaring from old stones. They explained to me that if there is scaring it could be cause to turn the laproscopic procedure into an open procedure. The surgeon took his time and did it lapriscopic. Thank god. I was out of there and on my way home by 230pm. What a great deal!

I'ts nice to finally have this behind me.

12 Comments:

Blogger Troy said...

I am always loopy. If you find a cure let me know

8:43 AM, February 25, 2006  
Blogger WAT said...

Oh that God DAMN C*NT!!! U eat well and git better! U r very fortunate to have been blessed with a great medical crew. Onward!

1:16 PM, February 25, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

I'm happy as a clam. The pain from the surgery is much less than the pain from the gallbladder. I'm trying to take it easy but I have so much to do. I'm doing my best not to over do it. Its hard to just sit still now that the pain has subsided. WAT onward is right!

1:46 PM, February 25, 2006  
Blogger Timo said...

i hope ye are feeling much better soonly, scott.

3:23 PM, February 25, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Thanks Tim

6:51 PM, February 25, 2006  
Blogger Blogzie said...

You're alive!

And you have lived to tell your story and eat Peeps again.

Life is good.

x0x

8:59 AM, February 26, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

oui oui !

12:21 PM, February 26, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Im glad to hear everything went ok! Heres to a great recovery and dont sweat the small stuff!

6:38 PM, February 26, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

YEs, thank GODDESS for laproscopy. It's so wonderful that your surgeon took the time to perform the operation this way. It sounds like the people were really caring.

I'm glad you're feeling on the mend. I can't stand knowitall phonecalls like that. You are absolutely freaking right to be p.o.ed about it.

Other than that, I hope someone with a tight cute ass is helping you out around the house as you recoup.

Cheers to that!

xo

10:58 AM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Yes yes my friend was here to help me out. He took me to the hospital and waited for me during the operation. He brought me food afterwards and made sure I was comfortable.He stayed the night the first night back from the hospital. He has trouble sleeping here convinced that the house is haunted. He does have a nice ass but thats beside the point. We dated years ago. I'm glad he was here to help. Otherwise this could have been a depressing ordeal. He is one guy who ages very well. He honestly looks better as he gets older. He is one good looking guy. But beyond that he is a good friend. That the important part.

12:17 PM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent. I'm glad you had a cute attendant. I mean, afterall...if you're going to have to suffer a bit, you may as well enjoy people waiting on you.

11:33 AM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

si.

10:57 PM, March 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home