Saturday, December 03, 2005

Freaky place. You line up...FOR A TAXI!

I arrived in New York last night about 645pm and got to take my first NY cab right outta the gate. Its true NY cab drivers are shifty. My cabbie was this Haitian guy who pulled the "I don't know where you are going" routine and tried to take me another way. I guess its 45 bucks from jfk to anywhere in Manhattan and the scam is to try and make sure the passengers do not know this. He tried to charge more but... Oh well.

So... I'm in the Bronx and Its damn cold here!
Not just the Bronx.. A little place called City Island.
It looks like AMITY Island from "Jaws".

it's damn cold here did I mention that. I'm looking out onto the balcony and there are flowers blooming. HOW the hell is that possible? What are they Ice flowers? How can anything live in this cold? Let alone bloom? Freaky.


This is my first trip by myself. Its kinda scary but also exciting. I'm going to the King Kong premiere on Monday and fly back on Tuesday so I don't have a lot of time here.
I'm staying with friends in the Bronx and I think we are going into the city today.

Can I just tell ya that having direct TV on airplanes is not the best idea for people who are nervous about flying. I saw a wonderful TV show about planes going down in the Bermuda triangle. And IM glad I got to see that they found that missing plane back east. I couldn't tell you where that plane was because as soon as I saw the graphic of a downed plane on msnbc I think my brain shut down.

must get coffee. its 5:58am my time and I'm very sleepy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

How fun, I almost always go to NYC by myself.

Never heard of City Island but I never went into the Bronx much, except the zoo :)

Enjoy!

6:52 AM, December 03, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

freid bannanas wrapped in ham?

3:28 AM, December 04, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

You are a sweetheart!
I will. I was like a friggin 3 year old playing in the snow! I think im getting the hang of this cold weather thing! DRINK MORE AND YOU DONT GET COLD!

6:25 PM, December 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home