Monday, June 26, 2006

Unchained

So I get this E-mail (actually sent to me by several people) from my former job. Around the time I left the lead technical engineer decided it was time to pack it in as well. Only he had other plans. After years of living a lie and tons of therapy he was approved for gender reassignment. He left his job and started packing up his old life. He had the surgery and a month later met a man and was asked to be married at "The Top Of The Mark" in SF. I'm so happy that after 50 (or so) years of living a compartmentalized secret life She is now free to be herself. That wonderful but I cant help but think:
One month.
I guess would do the same thing. I'd jump into a new life like that if I had the chance. I'm sure she has got a whole plan for her new picket fence life. I'm sure I would too if I waited a lifetime to start living.


So...
One month huh?
I guess I'm just lazy.
Let me go get that great ol bread knife in the kitchen, slit and invert my penis.
Maybe then someone will ask me to marry them.

Yes yes yes its all about me.
I'm pleased for her and I'm pissed at myself. I have no desire to go Hedwig but what change needs to be done for anyone to even look at me?

Me me me... so ....
some weather huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

I hope it's a great thing for them, but one month sounds pretty quick to me. I just hope your friend looks better than Felicity Huffman.

8:30 AM, June 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home