Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The dream:

I’m lying in bed in the old house in the West Valley. Not the best home in the world but the one I have spent the most time in. I’m just waking up. Confused. Jane and Jerry are there outside the door. I can hear them talking but cannot understand them. I call them in and tell them that I had the strangest dream. I dreamt that we had moved into and apartment and that Mum had died and I went from place to place. I dreamt I had AIDS and was dying. It was so nice to be back in my old room. The house was clean and bright as if we were never there. I got up and the backyard was beautiful. Green lush and full of life. I went to the kitchen and there were two refrigerators. Jane explaines that we had to bring in the extra fridge for today. People are coming in from New Zealand and Australia .
“When” I asked.
“Now” she says.
Holy cow I just woke up! I need to get ready. Jane pulls me out of the kitchen and into the dining room She says I don’t have to worry I’ll be fine.
I believe her.
She is wearing a beautiful beaded vintage 20s black flappers dress with what appears to be a scarf but is actually a hood. Interesting design.
Jerry finally appears and he is holding his outfit up on a wire hanger. It’s the oddest vinyl suit I have seen in years. Black oversized alligator print . It looks like a costume from the film ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE with a matching oversized vinyl cop hat . Just plan odd. Jerry seems to be enjoying the prospect of wearing this.
Ok ? fine.
I realize that I have somehow laid back down again but this time where the dining room table should be.

Oh shit.

I hate open caskets.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Image Village said...

Hmmm...kind of weird. What were you wearing?

8:03 AM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

jeans and a tee shirt.

8:16 AM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger RadioFreeCatlandia said...

"Fevered" has no "a".

9:06 AM, May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home