Friday, March 03, 2006

Heathcliff ... come eat your breakkie

A rather long clip.
When do you ever get to hear Kate Bush speak? I mean really? Like... uh ... never. The odd thing is shes chatting it up about food. This was taken from a chat show recorded back in 1980. Whuthering Waldorfs! I just put it here because she seems like a gentle soul and she seems a little stoned. I cant imagine her going on camera sober. For some odd reason I picture her high as a kite when any cameras roll. No real reason.J do thats all.
This clip makes me laugh because of the interviewer. Its like shes never seen anything outside of a MacDonalds. She questions what sunflower seeds are? Go figure? I guess in the 80's this type of food was thought of a freakish. My how times have changed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. I could not survive on her diet. Vegetables cooked in their own juices? Nuts and berries? Brown rice in water and salt? Bleh. I'll see you at Sssssizzler! Sorry Elsie.

2:28 PM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the part..."This was killed for me to eat it and I thought no Im not into this..." Ha ha!
I have never watched an interview with her, shes been around since 1980? Who knew?

12:09 PM, March 04, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Yeah I've never seen an interview with her either. I've seen plenty of videos but never her simply talking. I thought this was kinda neat!

2:51 PM, March 04, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

Kate Bush, cool, I havent thought about her since the 80's. I've been meaning to check out her new CD.

Such a multitalented creature, a strict vegan one at that.

I always liked that she created her song Wuthering Heights because she shares a birthday with the book's author, Emily Brontë.

1:01 PM, March 05, 2006  
Blogger Timo said...

I have a very short interview from around when "the sensual world" came out. she was equally wide eyed and somewhat in awe of the universe and yet she seemed kind of tired at the same time. Anyway, she was babbling about not wanting to "recreate a certain sound" on stage and therefore not being able to tour.
I've been a fan since 86 or so but couldn't get into the new album.
It seemed like some kind of hysterical joke that i just didn't get.
I gave it away after a few listens to a friend who was equally unimpressed.

8:15 PM, March 06, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Yes I agree. I think it is motherhood which is the joke we are not in on.

12:10 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Timo said...

if that's the case, how could we ever? i understand feeling motherly about my cat, though.

where's that album?

3:32 PM, March 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home