Thursday, September 01, 2005

Liar


There is one thing that I cannot stand. (well…there are many but this ranks in the top two) Being blamed for something I did not do. It stems from a childhood event. When I was six I was blamed for stealing Diamonds from this girl Kelly’s mom. I liked this girl. When do I get the opportunity to say that and mean it? I liked her as much as a six year old could. I went to her door and knocked. No one answered. I looked down and there was a cardboard box of pens on the door step. I was overcome with an impulse that I will regret to this day. I took out a pen and wrote on the box “ tO kELLy , I love yoU BRiAn” and left it on the doorstep.
Later that day her older brother came down to my house to bring me back to Kelly’s house to talk to the mom. I was scared. Her brother tried to drag me out of my house. I was screaming. He told my Mum that I had stolen family diamonds out of the cardboard pen box. I didn’t. I only tried to tell the only girl on the block I loved her. This escalated. Other kids teased me. School was where I got beat up. I didn’t want to go to school and I didn’t want to go out to play. I couldn’t for fear of getting chased or beaten up. I know I’m grown up now but this event colors the way I act when I am accused of something I didn’t do. I react in anger. Most people perceive this as guilt. My reaction doesn’t help the situation much.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gavin Elster said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:03 PM, September 01, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Yep. It was the crazy mom's fault.
It was horrible. I can now recognize this event contolled the way I have reacted twards people for a very long time. I'm a damn adult and these thing should be put to rest.
I fould myself feeling very hostile when my boss accused me of not sending a report. I felt angry and wanted to lash out. Same damn feeling as if someone accused me of lying. 30 years later i felt exactly like that six year old did.
Go figure... well at least I know why I feel this way.

11:32 PM, September 01, 2005  
Blogger RadioFreeCatlandia said...

Alright you black-toothed, WalMart shopping, two-bit, pan-scan watching, Republican voting diamond thieves...I know you're reading this...cough 'em up and clear Brian's name or we'll beat you like a ghost and shake the devil from you!

9:16 AM, September 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home