Thursday, September 22, 2005

boing!

I have come to the realization that I have been living in the shadow of death for the past 6 years. Over the past few days I have understood that I was living in fear of the inevitable end. I didn’t want to travel to far in case I got sick or caught some sort of childhood disease that will kill me. I’m not made of glass. I will not shatter. I am as strong as my belief in myself. (sorry for all you folks who had to live thru the EST years… I’m sure you’ve heard this all before.) Jerry Wright told that one day I would learn to embrace having HIV. To love the disease. How fuckin crazy is that! I thought that’s gotta be the craziest thing to say ever! This is the worst thing anyone could ever get. And on top of it… if you follow the directions you should never get it.
Well…
He’s right.
One day you wake up and realize you are alive. You finally learn to appreciate the world. You can finally enjoy your life. This condition has not taken away from me. It has empowered me. I am not afraid to feel.
I am not afraid to change.

3 Comments:

Blogger EmmaPeel007 said...

Losing my father at 4, I have always been hyperconscious of the fact that life is short and you have to make the most of it while you can (hence some of the questionable fashion and boyfriend choices you saw me make in those formative teen years).

So, what else are you gonna do to change your world, my friend (besides date my little brother ;) )? Upgrade to the Premium Annual Pass? Heh heh heh...

7:17 AM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

well lets start with your little brother and go from there.

8:47 AM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

all i have to say is: DO NOT live each day as if it were your last. Enjoy what the world has to offer. LISTEN LLLLIIISSSTEEENNN to others and ... Emmapeel007 has a hot brother.

8:53 AM, September 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home