Monday, November 13, 2006

The last real Tiki bar in California.

There are several Tiki bars in California but all pale in comparison to the Original King of Tiki, THE TONGA ROOM. San Francisco has a true Tiki bar. The Tonga room features real rude waitresses and yummy Tiki drinks with mummified fruit. Its the Mecca of Tiki. The band plays on a floating barge in the center of a pond that was once a swimming pool. The bar's well known feature is the rainstorm that happens every half an hour. (a loud thundering loop of storm sounds and lightning effects augmented by a shower of "rain" from the pipes overhead.)
Gerggory and I enjoyed the best and the worst of the Tonga room. The best being the Blue Hawaiian and the rainstorm. The worst was the prices and the Banana Daquri.

Green bananas don't make good tasting drinks.

If you want to be greeted by your server with the warm demand of:
"I WILL take your order NOW."
This is the place!


These pictures show Greggory is really good at looking like he is having a good time. It also shows I don't know how to force a convincing smile. I wanted to get drunk but I knew I had to drive in a city that is not known for its fantasic drivers. I had to stay sober. That saddened me so. You can see this was my moment when I realized I cant get sloppy drunk like I wanted.





6 Comments:

Blogger RadioFreeCatlandia said...

all the birds sing words....

8:35 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger WAT said...

Is that first pic you sir?

My my, aren't we handsome?

1:09 AM, November 14, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Why say handsome with a question mark?

Getting old sucks!


Yes wat Im the not black guy.

9:23 AM, November 14, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

LOL, Ive been to Tonga! Youre right about the best and worst.

I think this is the first Scotty visual, very handsome black man you are ;) hehehe

5:43 AM, November 15, 2006  
Blogger EmmaPeel007 said...

Yes, but can you get a Dole Whip there?

10:38 AM, November 15, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Hell half the time you cant even get that at Disneyland. Besides no one REALLY wants Dole whip. MMMMM an infectious looking frozen treat that tastes like the plastic coating on a bicycle playing card! Yum. besides these frozen treats come with the booze already in it. You dont have to smuggle the flask out in front of toddlers and the elderly while birds sing words and the flowers croon

9:56 PM, November 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home