Wednesday, February 15, 2006

JACK BOOTS are not what you think!

First and foremost, people tell me I'm gay. At one point in my life I would have said, "“I am an American."” Those days are gone. In the eyes of the U.S. government I am un-American. My rights are less than that of a heterosexual. I am not recognized as a full and complete human being by this administration. I am not American. My country will not protect me from harm or the persecution of others who choose politics over life. The only places I can seek out understanding are gay ghettos like West Hollywood and the organizations that are located within. Instead of razor wire the city is protected by the understanding that you will not be recognized for who you are outside of the creative city’s boundary.
Perhaps there is help to the north. San Francisco perhaps I'd be more comfortable there? Jumping from containment camp to containment camp. There is no safety here in the U.S.A. for anyone who is gay or of color or female or... I could go on for hours.

If you rights are determined by what you do in the bedroom then something is wrong.
What goes on between 2 consenting adults is their own deal.

And do you ever get the feeling when you are filling out forms at the doctor'’s office and the question of marital status pops up, and you mark single, that single is their code word for gay?
Sorry I strayed from the point.

Under the Nazi version of what was referred to as "paragraph 175" gossip and innuendo were considered to be fact in regards to homosexuals. We in the United States seem to judge people in the same way. Our protective custody camps, our safe havens, our gay ghettos are not by chance but by design. Beware... the worst is yet to come.

8 Comments:

Blogger I. P. Frehley said...

If you can hold out until '08 things are sure to get (a little) better when Dubya rides off into the sunset. In the meantime, have you considered moving to Silver Lake. Or is that a stupid question.

2:59 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

I want to be able NOT to step foot in anyplace that is known for its gay poupulation. I want to be able to go wherever i want without fear. That is not possible these days. All the work done by the generation before is now being undone. We are taking a huge step backwards. Its like the whole country is being transported back to the 50's.
Ideals and all.

This all could be surfacing becuse I am eating nothing but rice and the occasional 1/4 of a sandwich.
I better get off this rice diet soon I think my brain is going!

3:33 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger WAT said...

Wow, and I thought I was a pessimist realist! EEK! Speaking of "Paragraph 175", I got the documentary of the same name on my Netflix list for next week. Should be interesting.

4:28 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger I. P. Frehley said...

Oh! You mean like Canada, eh!

4:40 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

WAT:Let me know what you think.
VG: Yes... like canada but in a hellish no snow and all beer is pasturized kind of way. At least they have beer that you can taste... whadda we got? The knowledge of better beer up north. Thats what we got!

5:00 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

if you say so.

5:57 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Troy said...

Wow, I can't believe you knew about par 175. I even put a post on my blog from SF on par175:
Here it is:
http://walkingonscorpions.blogspot.com/2005/07/ua175.html

8:03 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Troy said...

I love your analogy of west hollyweird being a ghetto. I am now to old for weho. All those shaved pussy twinks are too much for me to handle. They think they are so beautiful but if they are lucky, they too will become old and grey and stoopid.

8:05 PM, February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home