Monday, December 04, 2006

Whacha do this weekend? Well lemme tell ya...

The FESTIVAL OF TREES.

An event that offered up one drink and all the hor d'ourves you could eat. ONE FREE DRINK! (Remind me I have booze at the house) This was an event put on by the Eaglerock women of WWII or something like that. Greggory and I went to this thing not knowing what it was. The promise of winning a raffled Christmas tree was the selling point for us. We are so damn broke right now that a free tree is the only one we can afford to get.
Anyway this thing was put on in the WOMAN'S club of Eaglerock. A nice building from the outside and a rest home on the inside.
Not just in its appearance. Old folk everywhere.
The youngest person there was the councelman from that district. One scotch and soda didn't drink the event away but two certainly numbed the evening . It was not what I expected. Eaglerock is truly a little Peyton Place. Gossip abounds. What a trashy little throwback of a world it is. Whitefolk who whisper and gossip .. cant get enough of that! People were very nice to us even though we do not live in the neighborhood. You could see this was a big event for the queen bee who was buzzing around in her mall bought pantsuit complete with real Macy's countertop bought earrings! (oh the scandal of it!) I was bummed that there was not a tree from our favorite restaurant FATTY'S ... oh well.
I was sure that we would win a tree that I spent most of my food money for the week on raffle tickets. (that was the scotch doing what it does best... make me stupid)

I dig the community but... its just full of old people doing sedentary things.

7 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Fatty's is your favorite restaurant? THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE MEAT! What kind of crazy restaurant is that?

10:57 AM, December 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Eagle Rock is a lesbian-friendly kind of place. I'm packing my bags!!

11:27 AM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger RadioFreeCatlandia said...

Stay out of my peaceful community, deadbeat. Stay out of Eagle Rock, Lebowski!

11:56 AM, December 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You looked like such nice young men. It saddens my heart that you would attack the 20th Century Women's Club of Eagle Rock. Your friends will pay dearly for this.

11:58 AM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Attack? I was being nice. Dont get me wrong I like your backwards ways. Its like stepping into the early 50's.

12:33 PM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Those are Alpacas not Lesbians.

12:37 PM, December 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alpacas/Lesbians, I don't care- give me a free drink and I'm off like a prom dress.

2:22 PM, December 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home