Monday, July 24, 2006

YOU'VE SAID THIS BEFORE.

Hi folks. So...
some weather we are having huh?

Last night I was visited by the migrane fairy. Thats the little fucker who sneaks up on you and taps your head with a little magical wand. You know that kind, small sparkle stick with pixie dust , that fuckin wand. Lemme tell ya it feels like a ton of bricks just got dumped on my head. Thank god for expired medication! I knew i had some Imatrex around here and found it just as it was coming on. It didnt stop it but it damn well prevented it from getting worse. Why the headache you ask? Well here is why.
I just switched my meds from KALETRA back to the ol' standby VIRAMUNE.
Wait...
let me back up a bit and tell you why I switched.

It seems that the wonder drug that has been keeping me alive has also caused my cholesterol to skyrocket. Once again I have more fat in my veins than blood. Cool! My cholesterol is in the mid 300s. My triglycerides are (get this.. i didnt know it went up this high) 4,400.
So my wide eyed doctor has taken me off the meds that are causing that jump and putting me back on Viramune. A drug I was on a few years ago. I couldn't remember why I stopped taking this drug. WHY I forgot is another story but I just couldnt recall why. Now I remember! Migraines! Since I have just started maybe , just maybe this was an adjustment thing. I do recall now that I had some nasty migraines after I was adjusted to the med the last time. Its all a haze and I cant recall too clearly but I think that what happened.

Now... My memory is a funky thing. I have noticed since I have been back on medication that my short term memory super sucks. I can have a conversation with someone and 5 minutes later start the same one again only to be told I just said that. I tried to chalk it up to stress but since March I have been fairly stress free. Sure I have two jobs and also am producing a film but for some reason the stress factor is very low. I talked with my doctor and it seems there is a percentage of people who experiance memory difficulty when on Anti-Viral therapy. I may be one of them.
I don't want to be.
I also seem to be on the fence about asking for help. One reason is (yes im not kidding here) If I ignore it it might just correct itself. Silly huh! Another reason is cost and time involved. There is a study that is taking place in San Diego on just this subject however this is something I would have to pay for (shouldt they pay me to study me?) and insurance does not cover it.
I would have to travel down every six months or so to a clinic in San Diego. Take off work. Not be paid. Find someone to feed the cat. make sure I have the money.... blah blah blah.
NOW THAT STRESSES ME OUT.

So I choose to forget I have this memory issue, for now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Yeah thats what I thought too. I'm doing them a favor by participating right?

Sounds fishy.

Thanks If I had all the money in the world I'd ...send you a thank you card for feeding my cat.

8:14 AM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger EmmaPeel007 said...

I hate to bring this up, but I don't think the memory thing is the meds - it's old age, bebe heh heh heh.

Now where are my keys? Dammit, you kids get off my lawn!!!

9:25 AM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger RadioFreeCatlandia said...

I don't understand this post. There are no pictures and its not very funny.

6:53 PM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Luke said...

You already posted about this.

And if you ever need someone to feed Pen, call.

11:03 PM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

The solution might be to contract out the Easter Bunny to kick the crap out of the Migrane Fairy. Please capture that on film as a personal favor to me.

Investigate that study, it sounds suspicious. Go to clinicalTrials.gov, do a search and find youself a real study, one that doesn't require payment.

Hang in there!

7:20 PM, July 26, 2006  
Blogger The Image Village said...

people introduce themselves to me and by the time I've finished shaking their hand, i've forgotten their name. Might be your genes and not your meds causing the problem.

11:13 PM, August 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home